Dear 7th & 8th Grade Parents and Student Athletes:
Greetings! Well ... believe it or not, it won’t be long before we’re on the sidelines again. Please take a few moments to review the enclosed material.
1.) ONLINE REGISTRATION & ONLINE FORMS:
Online registration and online forms can be found on our Athletic Website. They need to be completed each new school year. Across the top banner, click on “REGISTRATION & FORMS”. Once you have created an account as a “New User”, the information you enter only needs to be updated if there are changes.
The 2021-2022 information will not be cleared from the system until June 30th. Parents can begin to register their student athletes for the 2022-2023 school year beginning Friday, July 1st.
Please register your son/daughter for each of the 3 seasons even if you are unsure they will be participating. It is easier to remove and change an entry than to add or re-register at a later date.
1) Register as a New User to create the parent login and a family account
2) Acknowledge and confirm the email that will be sent to you
3) Register your student(s)
There are Tutorial Videos and a Parent Tutorial available on the registration page, both may be of help to you. The videos depict another high school, but the process is the same!
Please contact Karin Kamm <email@example.com> for assistance with any issues, she is not in the office but will reply as soon as she is able.
2.) ATHLETIC WEBSITE: - https://freeporths.rschoolteams.com/
The Athletic Website continues to be the most accurate place to get schedule information. Bookmark NOW!
Also available on the website:
- coaches directory & contact information
- athletic handbook - parent coach communication guide
- athletic news, announcements & important dates
- separate tab with information for parents
- list of sports teams offered
Sign up for “NOTIFY ME”. Across the top banner to the right, click on Notify Me! This is different from the E-Mail Notices and announcements that you receive from the school’s main office. This is an Athletic Notification specifically for athletic cancellations, postponements & make up notices - these will automatically be generated and sent to your email/text directly from the athletic website. Currently, email notices seem to be the most reader friendly and provides much clearer information.
The Athletic Website comes with a Mobile App and can be synced to your personal calendars. Click on the "Get the Mobile App" button in the right hand column.
3.) FALL TRYOUTS/PRACTICES: For 7th and 8th graders:
Students interested in participating on a fall athletic team should come to the first scheduled practice prepared to fully participate. This includes appropriate practice wear/gear and all the necessary athletic registration and online forms
ALL FMS TEAMS (except football): practices will begin on Tuesday, August 30th
Anticipated practice times:
Soccer & Cross Country: 2:30-4:00
Field Hockey: in school supervision from 2:30-3:30 - practice from 3:45-5:15
4.) FMS FOOTBALL:
Equipment handout will be on Sunday, August 14th - @ FHS 6:00PM
The Freeport Gridiron Club requires that all parents attend the equipment handout and accompanying presentation.
Practice will begin on Monday, August 22nd - 5:00-7:00 PM - at the Pownal Elementary School
All football practices are held at the Pownal Elementary School. Preseason practices will be 5:00-7:00 PM. Football, although a school sponsored activity, works with the Freeport Gridiron Club for their independent registration process. If you have not already registered and are interested in playing football you should contact the Gridiron Club representative Nicky Knighton (firstname.lastname@example.org). Football players should make sure to take care of all the necessary ONLINE Registration and athletic forms PRIOR to the first day of practice. At the conclusion of practice, parents will need to make arrangements for students to be picked up. Once school starts, there will be a bus available to transport students to the Pownal Elementary School after school each day. Regular season practice times: 3:15-5:00PM.
5.) ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES:
- 7th graders may play on 8th grade teams if there are not enough 8th graders to field a complete team.
- 6th graders may play on the 7th grade teams if there are not enough seventh graders to field a complete team. 6th graders DO NOT try out with the 7th and 8th graders, but may be asked to try out after the total number of 7th & 8th grade participants has been determined.
- 7th and 8th grade students cut from the 7th and 8th grade teams will be automatically placed on the “no cut” “A” Team Basketball when available.
- 6th graders may play on “A” Basketball Teams if there are not enough 7th and 8th graders to field a complete team.
- 6th graders may be asked to try out after the total number of participants has been determined.
I will be out of the office for most of July and will return to the office August 9th. The best way to contact me through the summer is via email. Enjoy the summer months and best of luck in all your summer activities.
See you on the sidelines,
Craig Sickels, CAA
RSU5 Athletic Administrator
Freeport High School
30 Holbrook Street
Freeport, ME. 04032
Office: 865-4706 x222
Follow @FreeportFalcons On Twitter