Dear 7th & 8th Grade Parents and Student Athletes:
Greetings! Well ... believe it or not, it won’t be long before we’re on the sidelines again. Please take a few moments to review the enclosed material.
1.) NEW PROCESS FOR REGISTRATION & ONLINE FORMS:
We are moving our registration and online forms from PowerSchool to our new Athletic Website. Across the top banner, hover over “REGISTRATION & FORMS”, then click on "Athletic Registration". This process does require you to input more information and is a bit more detailed - but the good news is that once you have created an account as a “New User”, the information you enter only needs to be updated if there are changes. It’s a three-step process:
1) Register as a New User to create the parent login and a family account
2) Acknowledge the email that will be sent to you immediately after creating a new account
3) Register your student(s)
- Enter emergency and medical information
- Upload the Student Physical & Athletic Exam Form (6th, 9th & 11th)
- Review athletic forms
- Select athletic activities
- Concussion Sign-off
- Just click the boxes and hit submit
This section includes your acknowledgement that you have read and understand the contents of both the Athletic Handbook and Parent Coach Communication Guide - and that you have reviewed both of these documents with your son/daughter. It is an expectation that students and parents be familiar with the contents of these two documents.
There are Tutorial Videos and a Parent Tutorial available on the registration page, both may be of help to you as you begin the registration process. The videos depict another school, but the process is the same!
Please contact Karin Kamm <email@example.com> for assistance with any issues, she is not in the office but will reply as soon as she is able.
2.) ATHLETIC WEBSITE: - www.freeporths.rschoolteams.com
The Athletic Website continues to be the most accurate place to get schedule information. Bookmark NOW!
Also available on the website:
- coaches directory & contact information
- athletic handbook - parent coach communication guide
- athletic news, announcements & important dates
- separate tab with information for parents
- list of sports teams offered
Sign up for “NOTIFY ME”. Across the top banner to the right, click on Notify Me! This is different from the E-Mail Notices and announcements that you receive from the school’s main office. This is an Athletic Notification specifically for athletic cancellations, postponements & make up notices - these will automatically be generated and sent to your email/text directly from the athletic website.
The Athletic Website comes with a Mobile App and can be synced to your personal calendars.
- Guide to Freeport Athletics Online
- Activity Scheduler Parent User Guide
3.) FALL TRYOUTS/PRACTICES - For 7th and 8th graders:
Students interested in participating on a fall athletic team should come to the first scheduled practice prepared to fully participate. This includes appropriate practice wear/gear and all the necessary athletic registration and online forms
ALL FMS TEAMS (except football): practices will begin on Monday, August 30th
Anticipated practice times:
Soccer & Cross Country: 2:30-4:00
Field Hockey: in school supervision from 2:30-3:30 - practice from 3:30-5:15
4.) FMS FOOTBALL:
Equipment handout will be on Sunday, August 15th - @ FHS - 6:00PM
The Freeport Gridiron Club requires that all parents attend the equipment handout and accompanying presentation in the FPAC..
Practice will begin on Monday, August 23rd - 5:00-7:00 PM - at the Pownal Elementary School
All football practices are held at the Pownal Elementary School. Preseason practices will be 5:00-7:00 PM. Football, although a school sponsored activity, works with the Freeport Gridiron Club for their registration process as well. If you have not already registered and are interested in playing football you should contact the Gridiron Club representative Nicky Knighton (firstname.lastname@example.org). Football players/famlies should make sure to take care of all the necessary ONLINE Registration and athletic forms PRIOR to the first day of practice. At the conclusion of practice, parents will need to make arrangements for students to be picked up. Once school starts, there will be a bus available to transport students to the Pownal Elementary School after school each day. Regular season practice times: 3:15-5:00PM.
5.) ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES:
- 7th graders may play on 8th grade teams if there are not enough 8th graders to field a complete team.
- 6th graders may play on the 7th grade teams if there are not enough seventh graders to field a complete team. 6th graders DO NOT try out with the 7th and 8th graders, but may be asked to try out after the total number of 7th & 8th grade participants has been determined.
- 7th and 8th grade students cut from the 7th and 8th grade teams will be automatically placed on the “no cut” “A” Team Basketball when available.
- 6th graders may play on “A” Basketball Teams if there are not enough 7th and 8th graders to field a complete team.
- 6th graders may be asked to try out after the total number of participants has been determined.
- Guidelines for Participation
In addition see - General Athletic Information & FAQ’s - you might find this helpful!
I will be out of the office for most of July and will return to the office August 10th. The best way to contact me through the summer is via email. Enjoy the summer months and best of luck in all your summer activities.
See you on the sidelines,