COVID-19 Game Day Protocol - Visiting Team (Baseball)
GENERAL GUIDELINES - SPECTATORS
• It is imperative that all spectators adhere to the Governor’s Executive Orders and the MPA Guidelines that require all spectators to maintain 6 feet of social distancing while attending any high school athletic activity.
• All parents/spectators are expected to maintain the required 6 feet of social distancing at all times the duration of the game and while you are “in and around” the facility.
• Spectators are encouraged to use the colored zip ties across the top of the outfield fence that indicates 6 feet of social distancing. Zip ties are also affixed to the left field out of play fence line as well.
• Spectators are not allowed in the sidewalk area between the 3rd base dugout and the backstop. This area is reserved for the visiting team and is their extended dugout/team bench area.
• All visiting team personnel must complete a self-assessment for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to boarding the bus to Freeport and/or prior to entrance into Freeport’s athleltic facilities.
ARRIVAL - Where to go!
• Upon arrival, visiting coaches should call Athletic Administrator, Craig Sickels
• Once given the OK, visiting coaches and athletes will use hand sanitizer before entering the facility. Athletes will enter the facility and go directly to a location near the 3rd base dugout and fence line from the dugout to the backstop.
• Dugouts will accommodate no more than 4 players at a time.
• Players can occupy the fence line from the dugout to the beginning of the backstop, players can use the colored zip ties across the top of the facility’s fence line that indicates 6 feet of social distancing, players are not allowed behind the backstop. This will provide space for 17 players.
• If 17 spaces is not enough, additional players can use the zip ties next to the dugout going down the left field fence line as well.
• Players will keep all their personal belongings at their specific zip tie location for the duration of the event.
- water bottles - backpack - athletic gear - hand sanitizer - extra masks
• All student athletes and coaches are expected to maintain the required 6 feet of social distancing whenever possible.
TEAM BENCH & DUGOUT
• Each team has a bench inside the dugout that will sit 3 players, social distancing at 6 feet as indicated by colored zip ties. A 4th player can stand inside the dugout. The benches are not a spot for players to put their backpack and belongings.
• The benches are reserved for players who are batting and those players “on deck”.
• Locker rooms will not be available.
• Visiting team should arrive in a self-sufficient manner - come ready to play the contest in uniforms
• A Port-a-potty is located behind the 3rd base dugout
• Visiting team members should bring their own water containers.
PRE AND POST GAME
• Suspend handshakes prior to and following pregame conference.
• No pregame introductions. Send players to the floor for the start of the game
• No post game handshakes, high fives - teams should line up and utilize the good sportsmanship wave.
ATHLETIC TRAINING SERVICES
• All visiting team members should receive necessary treatment/taping prior to their arrival
• Freeport’s Athletic Trainer will be available for emergency treatment only
• Face masks must be worn when seeing the athletic trainer for medical or injury support.